I am an IT professional that lives in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. I am married and have three kids, all of whom we adopted, and a foster child. Given the challenges that they face, they are good kids; although the teenager is a big concern. The following is the cast of characters in my immediate family.
- The wife: This is my special someone who for reasons unknown decided to spend the rest of her life with me. She is a superhero and master strategist rolled up in one. Life is never boring with her by my side.
- The teenager: This is my daughter and she is currently in her late teens. We adopted her over 10 years ago. When we first met her, she was living in a group home and she has a whole alphabet soup of diagnoses. Due to extreme abuse and neglect, she entered the system around the age of 6. These experiences have profoundly changed her and she has many challenges to overcome. She is not where she needs to be today but we have faith that she will get there eventually.
- Big J: This is my oldest son. He came to us when he was five. We first met him at a library after we received a call from DCS asking if we would be interested in a foster to adopt. While we cannot put our finger on it, he has his own challenges of what we do know is anxiety, speech problems, and a severe case of ants in his pants. He is a great kid and is rather sharp.
- Little J: This is my youngest son. He is a biological sibling to Big J. He came to use when he was less than a year old. When we agreed to take in Big J, we knew that there was a brother. A few days before Big J was to move in with us, my wife got the call saying that they pulled Little J and she needed to pick him up. Needless to say, he remained with us and has grown into an awesome little “dude.”
- The toddler: This is our foster daughter. She is a biological sibling to both Big J and Little J though she is a full sibling to Little J. She came to us only a few months old and has grown rapidly.
I originally started this blog mostly as a place for me to vent about politics. I did not (and still do not) like the direction the country is heading. However, I’ve realized that the blog was one-dimensional and overly negative. As a result, I’ve decided to diversify the blog. Basically, I’ll be posting on a variety of topics and you will find an eclectic mix of content. This does not mean I will not make any political posts. It just means that politics are not the sole focus.
You are welcome and encouraged to comment on any article that you choose. Feel free to say what is on your mind even if you think I would not agree with you. I only ask for a couple of things. First, let us keep things respectable. I am cool with some profanity and innuendo as long as it stays at PG-13 or better. If you post something that is overly vulgar or insulting, I will delete it. Second, no spam please. If your post is obvious spam, it will be deleted.